Advertisement

Souls & your sign

topic posted Mon, March 13, 2006 - 11:08 AM by  Ada
Share/Save/Bookmark
Hi I'm new to this group, I have one question, does your sign have anything to do with your soul? For example, I'm a Capricorn, and many people have told me that I "have a 'old soul', or they'll tell me "seems like you been here before"( referring to past lives), it this true?
posted by:
Ada
offline Ada
Cleveland
Advertisement
  • Re: Souls & your sign

Mon, March 13, 2006 - 11:16 PM
    I've read that there's supposed to be a connection, but I can say from experience that Old Souls are all over the place in astrological terms. I'm a Pisces, but I've known Old Souls from just about every sign.
  • Unsu...

Re: Souls & your sign

Sat, April 29, 2006 - 5:44 PM
    Well, I can tell you that I am an old soul. Very old yes, but still slightly classified as mature. I think that I took a rest for a few hundred years here or there...
    • Unsu...

Sat, April 29, 2006 - 5:47 PM
      Oops, forgot to mention that I am a Virgo... I know souls from all over the spectrum too. It's possible that there is a connection, but I do not know them. Also, be wary about those who just pop out and say that they are old... Usually those who are won't be blatant (sp) about it, but will give subtle hints. There are many who think they are, but that's their ego talking...

Sat, April 29, 2006 - 9:16 PM
    I'm currently a Taurus.

I have a sneaking suspicion we get to try on all the signs before we're done being flesh bound human things... I also think we chose to be born under astrologically favorable charts to learn the lessons we need to progress. This is entertaining because you have both positive and negative manifestations to every sign.

And then there's that sneaky free will component.
    Which aspects you choose to embody is up to you. =)

Sun, April 30, 2006 - 10:53 AM
      I've always thought we go through the whole Zodiac, maybe even many times. I'm an Aries with Cancer rising and a Gemini moon in the 12th house. I agree that we possibly choose to come in under a certain configuration to help us learn what it is we came to work on this time. They say spiritual evolution is in a spiral shape, so sometimes we seem to be ahead of our companions, sometimes behind, sometimes above, sometimes below.

Mon, October 1, 2007 - 11:55 PM
        Hello Lynne, I was trying to reply to your other posting about the different soul levels however lost it in the midst of joining:) So first I will comment on souls and signs. I have always had an interest in the universe and the other side, which is probably why astrology sparked my interest first. I find it interesting that even if we are an old soul, we can still have all of the different signs. I am an aquarian and an old sould as well. I am so glad I found this site because now I do not feel alone. I have always felt weird as a child like I knew so much more than I could speak! And now I finally know why! I have been seeing someone in the last three years that has helped me so much with my life's purpose and help me hone in on what I came here to learn. This is so exciting for me to express this side as I feel like some of my young souled classmates will never understand. Sooooo Happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tue, October 2, 2007 - 6:36 AM
          Welcome Cassandra! I enjoyed reading your post, because that's how _I_ felt when I found this group! As an astrologist, I find that the Sun Sign is only a PART of the chart. I think one can find "oldness of soul" in the chart, but it doesn't always show through the Sun Sign. :-) For instance, one might have a chart that emphasizes the outer planets. One could have significant power points in the 12th House, or significant aspects with Saturn. The Nodes of the Moon could also tell the story. There are many more possible indicators.

I don't see why an Aries, for instance, couldn't be an Old Soul. We may "go through" the Zodiac, but what then? Perhaps it is like a game where you master the board and then go to a NEW board, where you are again a Beginner! :-)

I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Mon, November 29, 2010 - 7:16 PM
            heres something i posted on the astronuts tribe the other day:

>who sez my soul ain't young?
            Fri, November 26, 2010 - 9:51 PM
            okay, i'll admit that I have (natally speaking) 4 outer planets retrograde; my sun, balsamic moon and rising sign [+ mercury, venus and mars] are all ruled by outer planets, my sun and north node are in 4th house pisces; and my rx saturn and rx neptune are in the 12th; but I wonder if there are any astrologers out there who would have the audacity to insinuate that my soul ain't just as young and spry as the next feller's. <

maggie wrote in this thread:
            >>I don't see why an Aries, for instance, couldn't be an Old Soul. We may "go through" the Zodiac, but what then? Perhaps it is like a game where you master the board and then go to a NEW board, where you are again a Beginner! :-) <<

I agree. First of all, there are so many other factors to consider, and then, like you say, who knows how many laps of the zodiac any given Aries may have run.

It always makes me laugh when someone suggests that this may be their last incarnation here. I'd wanna see their halo glowing pretty brightly before i'd begin to believe it.

Tue, November 30, 2010 - 5:36 AM
              Aren't retrograde planets usually planets that simply went wrong and therefore the person is old just by virtue of having been around blundering before : )

I am an Aries and I think that I am an old soul, relatively speaking. (Maybe I'm just senile).
              My personal theory is that you get an Aries sun as a new spin on the old story. It's a gift the pry yourself out of the mire.

It's a fun thing to have. You are tinkering around in obliviousness and then the Aries energy comes and picks you up by the scruff of the neck and shoves you right out of the window - it does not even bother finding the door. And then you run, run run.

Tue, November 30, 2010 - 3:44 PM
                can you post a link to your chart?
                houses, nodes and other planets may show indications

Tue, November 30, 2010 - 7:02 PM
                  Want to see my Aries chart spinning around like the Wheel of Fortune (the show). O.K. here it goes : )
                  • This is the maximum depth. Additional responses will not be threaded.

Thu, December 2, 2010 - 5:25 PM
                    Anything with Pisces is reputed old soul, maybe that is what gets you the epithet of "garbage pail of the zodiac." it rings true, but I also wonder if that could have anything to do with the order of the season or even with when our Western astrology started historically and the signs that were prominent at the times.

I remember reading in Edgar Caye's material that souls ingress through Cancer and leave through Capricorn though that does not make it necessarily a Cancer or Capricorn by sign but one who has mastered the qualities of the sign.
                    So why couldn't a Cancer be an old soul? Even one on its last incarnation.

"Eventually astrology becomes irrelevant and your free-will dominant. But it is good not to lose the map before you get there".

Fri, December 3, 2010 - 12:39 AM
                      >>So why couldn't a Cancer be an old soul? Even one on its last incarnation. <<

nobody's saying that a cancer sun can't be an old soul, though cancer is known for it's attachments. But I have trouble imagining that there's any such thing as a last incarnation; and if there is, it's very hard to imagine a large graduating class in any given generation.

Fri, December 3, 2010 - 5:53 AM
                        >have trouble imagining that there's any such thing as a last incarnation

I agree, Stevo. When one really looks at the process of Reincarnation, it becomes evident that this is a Multidimensional Experience and that "TIME" (as we know it) is only one dimension of it.

I remember reading a book by the psychic Jane Roberts called "The Education of Oversoul 7." In that book, the Oversoul was the Self outside-of-time. It had a broader, wider, and deeper perspective than just the one human life. It was also able to interject "new past lives" INTO the past, when needed or wanted.

An advanced look into this phenomenon can be found in Marion Weinstein's book "Earth Magic."

books.google.com/books

(Part Two: Chapter 13: "Advanced Work")

Fri, December 3, 2010 - 7:48 AM
                          This is a beautiful world but a raw one and I am looking forward to not having to reincarnate here. It bruises my sensitivity and respect for justice. Respect for anything in fact. Dealing with some of the primitivity the people around forces me into making moves that could even be regressive.
                          If you think that is a happy place, you may me hiding your head in the sand. We all are.
                          I also found out that I picked up this harsh life on a dare. If I manage to swing everything ethically and keep my head above water, I have incorporated important magical lessons but the fact is that I feel out of place here.
                          Maybe I remember much better.

I told a friend about not wanting to come back and she answered that Earth would change and that I may be happy to come back a hundred years form now to what is considered from our point of view a more Utopian civilization. Then, yes, I would be happy to give it a try, when if it is a better place.

But the switch is now and we have to act now to make the transition into that kind of world. The power mongers and fat controllers that rule this world - and we live in anesthetized Western part, won't fork it over on a silver platter so that humanitarian values prevail.

I am aware of Jane Robert's writing and the over-soul and some of the repercussions because everything communicates and we inhabit the "vast present." Seth also says that this is a world for emerging consciousness and a very primary one. I concur.
                          There is a case in one of her old books where a perfect child passed away suddenly. He was simply a soul coming back to shake his father awake though a traumatic event, often necessary with slumbering human and he was repaying his present father for having stopped him from abusing power when he was a priest in a past life. The souls was finished with the earth curriculum and absolutely refused to linger around. "He was not human anymore" was the comment in the book.

The fact is that you can come back as often as you wish and be involved in as many wars and act of atrocities as you want but there is a far reaching and bitter price to pay. I feel right now that you may have memories in your karmic past of having been the controller and power trippers and that is why you are upset and reactive. So you throw many many overpowering clues in a hope to bury the interlocutors (that works well in law too) but you are trying to retain a control that is slipping while this world is still designed for you. It won't always be.

I agree that most people who go around claiming that they are on their last lives aren't. I have met a few myself and they are of the same order as preachers.
                          My feeling is that there are much better worlds to inhabit (like a beautiful dream) and that there are many dimensions. It is endless both in heavenly realms and hellish one. It is made that way so each soul get to experience what they need and it is endless.

Stewart Wilde has devised a plan for escaping the earth karmic pool that he claims is fairly simple but that requires steadiness and dedication and the people in the Book Reincarnation Unnecessary studying the birth charts of cases that Cayce had declared the reincarnation was not necessary were not perfect. One, a former idealistic general even finished his carer as an earthling by getting murdered (wonder what that did to his halo).
                          Here, don't bother me anymore and go bury and yell your orders at younger less experienced earthlings. Gods(ess)peed : )

Fri, December 3, 2010 - 9:31 AM
                            >>Then, yes, I would be happy to give it a try, when if it is a better place. <<

I'm not inclined to blame any shortage of my own personal happiness on "the world"

Fri, December 3, 2010 - 1:33 PM
                              >>Then, yes, I would be happy to give it a try, when if it is a better place. <<

I'm not inclined to blame any shortage of my own personal happiness on "the world"

I agree. I have had too many lives where I have caused problems that I had to face later "down the line"....and I have learned to be happy to do so!

We all get sad now and then. But we have chosen to be here at this time and place for a reason. And everyone we meet is a reflection of something inside of ourselves. Change what's inside, and you change what you encounter on the outside. Really.

Fri, December 3, 2010 - 4:30 PM
                                >>Change what's inside, and you change what you encounter on the outside. Really. <<

100%!
                                that's what keeps most of us afloat . . . amazing how instantly gratifying it can be sometimes.
  • Unsu...

Sat, June 17, 2006 - 11:42 AM
    I agree that I have not seen a concentration of any one sign as being in the 10% of the population that is here and are old souls.
    • Unsu...

Tue, July 25, 2006 - 12:57 AM
      Well, its initially an attractive idea perhaps to some people. Ive known a few people, born "later" in astrological sunsign terms, who seem to believe that because they were born during sun sign of pisces they view pisces and themselves as the oldest and wisest people inherently because of or connected with their sun or other astrological sign.

My own feeling is that is nonsense. Akin to racism, sexism, etc where some people believe that certain races, genders, etc are somehow spiritually or otherwise overall superior or inferior, more or less blessed or wiser by virtue of that particular group of beings they happened to be born into.
      Intuitively, that feels like misguided arrogant spiritual egoism to believe we are wiser based on something which cannot be changed in this lifetime. Its essentially another version of a caste system like indias, where people are discriminated against and judged inherently inferior in some essential ways based simply on external conditions of their birth.

• Unsu...

Thu, August 17, 2006 - 6:51 AM
        Hi, I'm new too.

I don't think Sun sign is anything to do with how old your soul is. I've met old souls from all sorts of signs.

Sun, August 20, 2006 - 6:47 PM
          I have found that the Chinese Astrology of soul-age is pretty accurate. It says (usually) that the old ones tend to be Snakes, Pigs (I prefer Boars), and Dragons. I'd say that's pretty typical, through my experience.

Tue, August 22, 2006 - 8:46 AM
            Hmm, I don't know about that. I'm a wood tiger.

Tue, August 22, 2006 - 9:02 AM
              I'm a wood rat

Mon, August 28, 2006 - 5:54 PM
                I'm a rabbit.
                • Unsu...

Tue, August 29, 2006 - 4:57 AM
                  I'm not so sure. I'm a Metal Monkey, and the oldest soul I've ever known is a Fire Tiger.
                  • This is the maximum depth. Additional responses will not be threaded.

Fri, January 26, 2007 - 5:53 AM
                    My moon sign is in ancient Pisces in the ancient Capricorn tinged Tenth house and one of the things that I brought with me.

However, I am an Aries Sun - reputedly the youngest sign in the zodiac - and it was a blessing that I got with a very hard life where I needed not to get stuck emotionnally but to move on wisely with the lessons learned.
                    Fire signs have that ability.

I have read that all Sun signs are such blessings.

So I would read the sun sign as a signature of soul growth and that could be in any direction.
                    • Unsu...

Thu, March 15, 2007 - 2:05 AM
                      I too am a Pisces.Very old soul and the one sign who they say has been through all of the incarnations-The last sign in the Zodiac,Astrologicaly speaking.

Thu, March 15, 2007 - 7:51 AM
                        The thing that bothers me about connecting astrological significance to something like this is, if you've read anything about the evolution of astronomy and astrology, you'd know that the signs which we tie to specific days are no longer true. That is to say, in the thousands of years since various constellations were tied into the zodiac, the stars have shifted position from our vantage point. People who say they are pisces, may technically be aquarius. While traditional astrologers may poopoo the facts and stick to their interpretations, it's difficult for me to put much stock in something that is physically no longer accurate.

Sat, June 9, 2007 - 8:36 AM
    I'm sorry I haven't taken the time to read all the responses. The 12 signs of the zodiac are too general for this to matter, but study should be done on any question, rather than assumptions. I am a firm follower of the Dreamspell count of the tzolkin cycle, where your question makes a lot more sense. There are 260 seperate signs, each with a moon, wavespell, and annual influence. After working with the analysis of these signs for several years and unraveling the destiny of many many many people, it seems this is a question worth investigating within the signs of the Tzolkin. The tzolkin cycle is the 260 day cycle the Maya invented and still hold sacred.

Wed, October 10, 2007 - 2:08 PM
      To regurgitate, er reITerate, there are a lot of "old coots" out there who have been a little of everything at one point in time or another. The trick to it all, and whether it be a mere learning of a lesson to breaking an accursed life-cycle, is to rise beyond the normal perceptions of the Sleepers, and go wherever you may choose. I've been told by other fellow old souls that this may well be my final time around here. After this is anyone's guess. I had a really bad habit perpetually of rushing off to the aid of my fellow countrymen in some patriotic fugue of warlike bloodlust. Vietnam, Germany, France, Tibet, Japan, Romania, whatever. Not this time, buddy! I learned the very long and arduous way....

Wed, January 27, 2010 - 10:04 PM
        I have an old book that I picked up in a second hand shop. It is called Reincarnation Unnecessary, a term coined by Edgar Cayce.

The book even has an astrological chart and from what I can see, there wasn't one single sign truly emphasized in those that Cayce deemed had no need to come back.

Some planets such as Venus and Jupiter were more present and the people were often described as loving, generous, fair, ethical, the usual. Some were fairly well off, most had normal family life and several had severe health tests to contend with. There were no nuns nor clerics but two beauticians, several artists, some housewives, school mistress and teachers, business people and salespersons and a few more folks in the medical field and no present-day celebrities.
        In fact, they all seemed to have led ordinary lives but maybe not ordinary everyday awareness.

One exception, one entity that has often been a statesman/soldier|general - famous in two past lives - had ended his last life on earth by being murdered.

Funnily, I remember that Nero was part of that group, with Cayce stating with a bit of a surprise that the entity's progress had been very swift.
        • Unsu...

Thu, January 28, 2010 - 11:52 PM
          I don't think astrology can tell how advanced of a soul you are. It's a lot more complex than a simple sun sign. Anyways, the sun sign reflects the ego, of which the soul itself is free of. The moon sign would be more relevant. But none of us know advanced we are, even though we may think we know.

Tue, February 2, 2010 - 11:30 AM
    The answer Ada is "only in the game plan you are living"
    to be an old soul is a bit of a misnomer as the soul itself is ageless. As part of the eternal consciousness, it has always been and always shall be.
    You see, we are a four dimensional being in this reality, we are height, width, depth and finite linear time oriented. It's how this game plan is set up.
    We have all been here before and we have all come to this world from other worlds where we have lived lives. What of memory?
    Imagine that your memory is not a computer hard drive as these are continually upgraded to take on more information, but a drawer full of diaries and photographs. Eventually the drawer becomes full to the point where any more will stop it from closing. At that point your access to your past is severely restricted. The diaries are the first to be taken out of the drawer and put into deep storage and eventually, fifty to sixty years of memories comes down to a series of photographs of moments almost forgotten. Then you die and there are all your memories laid out before you in crystal clarity and you can see how your life unfolded. how you affected those around you and what irrationalities distracted you from your true goal. A twinge of sadness runs through your soul when you realise how you listened to the spin doctors about the importance of fear and distrust. How you felt that if only you had access to a few more dollars, your troubles would be gone.
    How you thought yourself old when you were the same age as everyone else.
    You laugh out loud at the great "Oh Yeh!" and contemplate doing another life straight away. After all, there were those who can be seen so clearly there who had gone out of their way for you only to be cast aside by you in your desire for recognition and financial independence. You feel the desire to correct the scale and plummet back into another life full of empty drawers that can eventually be overfilled with memories. On the bottom of the drawer is who you truly are and where you really come from. You see it now, but when you open your eyes for the first time and see your mother, the first photograph falls into the very open drawer.

Sun, February 7, 2010 - 11:31 AM
      There are possibly several layers of age

I do not know when souls were created - judging from a universe in constant expansion I would say that new consciousnesses are being sprouted on that level too.
      It is all about consciousness.
      We are the result of our observed experiential growths.

As for the rest
      We can be as old and silly or young and mature as we wish. It is all up to us.

Recent topics in "Old Souls"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
nude gay meet Unsubscribed 0 August 28, 2014
Wisdom of the Original 13 Clan Mothers Unsubscribed 7 July 31, 2014
Tribe is dieing Dan 13 July 31, 2014
Buddha of Compassion ( Avalokitesvara ) / How to Expand Loving... K 0 July 21, 2014